Thanks to everyone who came down and said hello to us on the Cambridge zine boogaloo stall at the Cambridge Creative Fair on Saturday.
A fine time was had by all! Don’t forget, you can sign up to the Cambridge Zine Boogaloo mailing list here — our first meeting will be on Sunday 18th September, upstairs at the Maypole.
1/8 size, 8 pages long: All About Zines zine, made for the Cambridge Creative Fair -- the glowy yellow blob is a tuppence
Yes, it’s been a while.
I’ve been super-super busy of late doing the following things:
- Starting a zine night in my town of Cambridge — sign up to the mailing list or visit us on the scary/baffling world of Tumblr.
- Doing research and having meetings for a secret-mystery project involving a string quartet and a crazy/brilliant idea.
- Writing a zine about debt called Into the Red, which might be ready in time for debt season (a.k.a. Christmas). But then again, I might chicken out of ever publishing it at all.
- Preparing to table at my first ever fair next week with the talented Nick from Not Your Problem. More about that later.
- Writing a mini-zine called All about zines which is, erm, all about zines and probably contains less text than this here blog entry. But it is very informative. And there’s a picture of a space-rocket in it! I made it to celebrate the Cambridge Creative Fair.
- Polishing off Issue 5 of Angry Violist. It should be ready for the inaugural Camden Zine Fest on 8th October. FACT.
- Writing letters & going on epic bike-rides.
- Watching It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
- Having a life outside of zine-making and writing. Or trying to. I have a full-time job too: leading a secret double life can be quite draining and stressful sometimes.
Well, here’s my new little zine, made for the Cambridge Creative Fair next Saturday. It’s 1/8th size, 8 pages, printed on blue paper with a purple cardstock cover and embroidery silk binding.
1/8 size, 8 pages long: All About Zines zine, made for the Cambridge Creative Fair
I am helping to organise a regular meeting of zine and comix people in Cambridge — click the [amazing] image to sign up for more information. Our first meeting is upstairs at the Maypole, 18th September at 7pm. Tell your friends!